Thursday, September 07, 2006

Day Five: New Franklin to McBaine

Well, confession, they say, is good for the soul. I am hoping this is going to be good for my soles.
I had every intention of making this walk, but my feet were in such a painful state, that I had to take the day off. My ankle was a little swollen, the blisters were throbbing, and walking the trail was not a pleasure or an adventure. It was just becoming drudgery.
So here is my thinking: This section of the trail is one that I have used for training over the last year or so. If you read one of my postings from about two seeks ago, I published an account of walking from Rocheport to Boonville as a sort of prototype of what I wanted to post for each day of the walk. I figured that I have traveled this section pretty extensively, so if I was going to go on to the injured reserve for a day, this was the day to do it. I can report that taking this day off has made my feet feel quite a bit better. Theresa and I went to Wally-World and found some cushions that I have placed into my shoes to shield the balls of me feet, and they seem to be doing the trick. I think that I may be back in business. Next on the hit list is the section between McBaine and Hartsburg.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home