Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Trip schedule

After many months of planning, here is my itinerary:
Day 1: Clinton to Windsor - 16.6 miles.
Day 2: Windsor to Sedalia - 20.9 miles.
Day 3: Sedalia to Pilot Grove - 23.8 miles (yikes!).
Day 4: Pilot Grove to New Franklin - 15.1 (that's more like it!).
Day 5: New Franklin to McBaine - 18.7 miles.
Day 6: McBaine to Hartsburg - 15.9 miles.
Day 7: Hartsburg to Wainwright - 16 miles.
Day 8: Wainwright to Steedman - 16.2 miles.
Day 9: Steedman to McKittrick - 20.6 miles.
Day 10: McKittrick to Peers - 20.7 miles.
Day 11: Peers to Augusta (Klondike Park) 16 miles.
Day 12: Klondike Park to St. Charles(?) 24.6 miles. This will actually depend on how trail worn I am by this time. I might break this into a two-day hike, but I would really love to have a day to recuperate after all this is over.

Now on to the planned walking for this week.
The next time I will get a chance to hit the trails is going to be Friday morning. I have to help my brother move a desk into his new restaurant in Boonville in the morning, so I am planning on leaving my truck in Rocheport and walking from Boonville back to Rocheport. That will be about 10 miles, which will make for a decent workout.

Unfortunately, I have to work the next two weekends, so I will have to wedge the training in around my schedule. I have Monday off, so I am hoping to get a long (15 miles or so) walk in then. If all goes well, I might be able to pull one off after work, too. We will see how it all plays out. I just really want to get a few "teeners" in before I set off on the real thing.

I have made my reservations for Sedalia, but I need to still call Pilot Grove and points east to set up sleeping arrangements. That means Pilot Grove, Steedman, Hermann (McKittrick), Peers and Klondike Park still need to hear from me. I am going to heat up the phone lines tomorrow afternoon.

Well, I have better get busy! Next update I will discuss how the Friday walk went, and maybe some pictures, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home