Friday, August 25, 2006

Week from tomorrow!

Ok, so we are getting close now. I am experiencing a couple different feelings.

On one hand I am nervous and wonder if I can pull this off. But on the other hand, I am dying to get this thing going. It seems like I have been thinking and planning and plotting about this for so long. It almost doesn't seem like its really going to happen.

On another front, I did a long walk yesterday after work -- about 14 miles in total, so I felt pretty good about getting that in. However, I developed a nasty blister on the bottom of my left foot. When I got one on the other foot last week, someone I work with suggested ditching the regular socks and getting wool ones. I bought a couple pair, and they do feel great. However, the blister still occured. You would think after all this time, my feet would be calloused enough, but I guess not. I have the backpack up to the weight it will be on the trip, so I guess that just exacerbated the problem.

My solution?

I have been debating whether I need to get a new pair of shoes for this hike, and if it is advisable to get them so close to the start, but I think the decision has been made. I need the damn shoes! I use New Balance and really like them. The current pair have quite a few miles on them, so that might be the problem -- I have broken the soles down somewhat. I am thinking about going for the running shoes this time, as I hope they will have a little more cushioning across the ball of the foot. The blister should heal up in time and I am hoping a callous forms under it. Let's hope that is the case!

Now, aren't you excited to be reading about my feet?

I am going to try to upload a few more photos on the next update.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home