Saturday, August 26, 2006

Picture pages, picture pages

Ok, as promised, here are a few more pictures. These are from my walk Thursday, Aug. 24, after work from downtown Columbia to McBaine and on to Huntsdale.



This first one is of an old railroad cut not far from Faurot Field in Columbia. It's hard to believe that this is only a few hundred yards from a pretty busy street.




Here is the obligatory wildlife photo du jour. You can't tell from this picture, but there are actually four deer here. Two does and two fawns. This was taken from one of the bridges along the MKT trail. It is about 3o yards off of a golf course green. They were pretty tame, too. They didn't seem to give much of a damn that I was standing there. I actually made noise so they would look at the camera. Deer season, anyone?
This last picture is nothing too great. It is the trailhead at McBaine. I really like the little kiosks at the trailhead and how they look like train stations. Maybe its just that I just like that it is near the end of the daily walk.

Oh, and before I forget. The interesting character on the trail that day was this guy I met about a mile outside Huntsdale. He was all decked out like a pro cyclist, lycra and all, but his bike had a pair of Rubbermaid-type trash cans strapped to either side of the back wheel. He calls over to me and asks if I know anything about snakes. I told him not really. He had found a tiny live garter snake on the trail. I told him I saw a similar-sized one about a mile back that was dead. He got all excited and wanted me to tell him exactly where it was. Evidently, he is wanting to skin a bunch of snakes and cover his bike in snake skin.
Hmmmmmmm.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home