Friday, December 08, 2006

Wow, I really didn't plan to take a three month break from this, but you know how life intrudes on the blog world at time. Nothing major to report, just the usual getting up-going to work-coming home-running errands-family stuff going on.

As it stands at the moment, I am planning to to finish the walk this coming Spring. I had dreams of doing it in just a few weeks after I had to stop, but that obviously didn't happen. It took me something like four or five weeks for my feet to totally heal. They looked like a moulting snake for a long time.

My plan for now is to finish the trail next spring. The new extension to Machens is almost done, from what I have been told, so that will add about another 13 miles to the trip, but what the heck, that only makes it 74 in total for me to do. I understand that they are working on an extension from Windsor to southern parts of Kansas City. That is a ways off, but that will probably be another 60 to 80 miles. I had better get cracking on this before I get too old!

Well, I don't know if anyone is reading this, but I will try to update this a little more often. Cheers!

1 Comments:

Blogger edlfrey said...

Greg,
I enjoyed your hiking tale!

I'm considering doing the same in early May, maybe late April '07. Just ordered the Trail Guide tonight but have spent a lot of time on the Katy Trail site planning the trip.You had/have the advantage of a support crew and shuttle, what are my chances of sucess without such advantage? I know that I'm going to hire a shuttle for 2-3 portions of the hike but wanted some comments from someone that has been there! Haven't contacted the shuttle in St. Charles yet but will probably do so tonight or tomorrow about long term parking at their location in St. Charles. Will then shuttle to Clinton and hike back. Seems simple huh?
Thanks agin for the hiking log.
Ed Frey
edlfrey@yahoo.com

8:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home